What we expect is the final pre-release version of Seq 3.0 is now on the downloads page. This version includes many improvements across the board:
- The Signal Bar is now collapsible, saving screen real-estate on small displays
- Configuration has been centralised and simplified with a single Seq.json file
- Time-based SQL queries can now choose chronological or reverse-chronological order using
order by time asc | descsyntax
- Write throughput on I/O starved machines can now opt-in to buffered transactions, aka lazy commits to improve performance (Settings > System > Allow buffered writes)
seq installcommand now accepts a user account to run the service under (instead of Local System), and configures permissions appropriately
- Common mistakes in SQL queries are now detected and corrected versions are suggested
- Several more small improvements and bug fixes have made it in this time
Yes, it’s been a busy couple of weeks!
We’d love to have your feedback on Seq 3.0.28-pre, please get in touch here, on Twitter or GitHub to share your experiences.